Wednesday, June 30, 2010

History Paintings




( Here, because you asked, is the Katrina painting yet unfinished)

Well, when I started this blog and made the first post back in June of 2007 I had been at home for 4 months due to a car accident, but when I went back to work I had no time to do anything artistic. I started the new job that June and had been occupied learning the ends and outs of that. But, here are the three History paintings created late 2006 and early 2007. The first two were exhibited in our university's senior exhibition, The 1st is titled "Rodney King Engages the L.A.P.D." (18X24), the 2nd is "911, Wake Up and Smell the Coffee"(16X20), both are acrylic, and the 3rd "O.J. Trial of the Century" (30X40), is an oil painting all are on streched canvas. There is a 4th an larger painting currently untitled, depicting the Katrina hurricaine that was begun late 2006 and is sitting waiting for further inspiration. I guess I need to take a picture and just post it unfinished. It's been 3 1/2 years!

No comments: